Community Living Kingston and District is a progressive organization employing over 300 staff members who provide support to nearly seven hundred people with intellectual disabilities in the Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington, and Leeds-Grenville region. Our organization is widely respected throughout Ontario as a leader in developmental services with a long and proud history of developing inclusive programs and services. We take great pride in our culture of excellence illustrated by our accreditation with CARF International, coupled with our positive work environment and excellent labour relations with our partners from CUPE. If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a quality organization with a strong management team, we have a permanent full-time vacancy for a Manager of Human Resources with a January 2023 start date.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Recruitment of new staff, including external recruitment strategies, interviewing and screening of candidates, arrangement of student placements, and associated duties;
- Development and oversight of all staff retention strategies;
- Supervision of the organization’s scheduling department;
- Management and coordination of Workplace Safety Insurance Board reports and claims, returns to work and accommodations, short term / long term / leaves of absence;
- Oversight of attendance management practices;
- Other duties in the human resources department, as assigned.
Further responsibilities will be added to this portfolio over time.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that their portfolio allows the organization and its employees to adhere to the letter and spirit of its philosophy, mission and values statements, and policies.
- A demonstrated understanding of the goals and mission of the community living movement;
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in social services and/or human resources or labour relations;
- Previous experience in human resources and/or a supervisory/management capacity;
- A CHRP or CHRL designation is strongly preferred for this position;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office/Windows, HRIS systems (Ceridian Dayforce HCM is an asset), Learning Management Software (Surge Learning is an asset) or other related software programs;
- Experience with online recruitment, social media, and talent marketing is an asset;
- Working knowledge of payroll/scheduling systems within a Collective Agreement is an asset;
- Fluency in French would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated core competencies in the following areas: Advocating for others, creative problem solving and decision making, developing and fostering independence in others, holding people accountable, leading others, managing change, relationship/network building, resource management and strategic thinking;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in support of a consultative, team-oriented management style, coupled with a sophisticated knowledge of organizational culture, reform, strategic planning, quality improvement and stakeholder collaboration;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
Community Living Kingston and District offers a very competitive salary and benefits package. Cover letters and resumes for this position will be accepted until the position has been filled and should be directed to:
Paul Eves, CHRP, CHRL, Director of Human Resources
CLKD thanks all who apply however only those candidates selected for an interview shall receive a response.
CLKD is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify accordingly. CLKD is also committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its work environment, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.