Community Living Kingston and District frequently has vacancies for Part-Time Direct Support Professionals who are responsible for the provision of direct support to adults with intellectual disabilities.
Central job duties include the provision of assistance with all skills of daily living, including personal care, skill development, household management and support to participate fully in the life of the community.
These jobs typically involve shift work: evenings and weekends, including at least one weekend shift three weekends out of four. Employees are guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours of work per week (after completion of probationary period) with the opportunity to work additional hours.
Starting pay rate is $19.10 per hour (plus 7.33% in lieu of vacation), with access to Group RRSP and benefits plans.
Supports to persons served are carried out in a number of different ways and in different settings. Direct Support Professionals typically provide supports in these settings:
- Residential: In an individual’s home, which they may share with between two and five other individuals;
- Apartments: In an apartment, where persons served may live on their own. Staff may provide support to several individuals who live in close geographic proximity over the course of a single shift;
- In The Homes of Families: In situations where persons served may still live with a family member.
- The Community: A key mission of the organization is to encourage participation in the life of the community. Direct Support Professionals provide support to persons served in their employment, volunteer, and recreational pursuits in the Kingston and Gananoque communities.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma (e.g. DSW, Behaviour Science, SSW, CYW, or degree) is preferred, but other applicants will be considered if they have experience in social services
- Sound knowledge of, and demonstrated commitment to, the principles of inclusion;
- Previous experience working with people with intellectual disabilities;
- Must have at least a G2 driver’s license.
Cover letters and resumes for this position should be directed via email to: Jeff Harrison, Director of Human Resources.
Community Living Kingston and District thanks all who apply, however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will receive a response.
CLKD is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Jeff Harrison via email or call at (613) 546-6613 ex: 2111